Business Rule Modeler
Capsilon is seeking a Business Rule Modeler to help us define and build executable models of the complex business calculations and rules that drive US mortgage underwriting decisions.
At Capsilon we build SAAS based products for digital collaboration to replace the paper-based processes in the USA mortgage banking with technology that matches and exceeds paper’s utility.
We are looking for a talented Business Rule Modeler to join one of our teams working on microservices-based business applications mortgage loans processing and analysis.
Our teams collaborate closely with departments all over the world, we need a person with english language skills sufficient for effective communication. We are looking for a good communicator - soft skills are essential for this position.
- Elicit complex mortgage underwriting business rules and requirements by interviewing subject matter experts (SME) and analyzing processes and documents.
- Create working models of business rules and calculations using Decision Model and Notation (DMN).
- Create and execute thorough test plans to ensure model completeness.
- Validate models with SMEs and external business partners.
- Prepare and maintain model documentation suitable for review by internal and external business users as well as internal engineering teams.
- Occasionally create models in Excel to validate business rules.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Experience building working business models of moderate complexity in Excel or other tool.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Works independently
- Understanding of, and experience practicing, MECE principle.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured business modeling approaches such as Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) or Decision Model and Notation (DMN).
- Previous intermediate programming experience in any language.
- Knowledge of financial services and lending concepts.
Social Security Withholding Modeling Exercise
The task is to create a model in Excel that calculates the Social Security Withholding (also known as Social Security Tax) on a Paystub.
- Submit a working Excel model, without using VBA, that performs withholding calculations, along with sample data demonstrating critical test cases.
- Extra credit: Submit a working DMN model using the Trisotech modeling tool (A 7-day free trial is available at Trisotech.com).
- Sport card, Private health care with dental care, Life Insurance.
- Unique fun room with ping pong table, foosball table, PS4 and VR.
- Company events and monthly happy hour.
- Modern office in strict city Centre with private parking spots.
- Very friendly work environment.
Not sure if you have enough experience, but still interested in learning and becoming a Business Rule Modeler at Capsilon? Please drop us a line and let’s talk about the possibilities - we’re ready to invest in talented people.